Palmetto Login VM
Palmetto Login VM is a platform that integrates remote graphical desktop access to the Palmetto cluster using virtualization technology.
- Click MyVM | Request VM to get an VM assignment.
- Click MyVM | Show My VM to see your VM assignment.
- Click MyVM | Release VM to release your VM assignment.
For more information, see the user guide
or the quick start guide
Access the VM
- Lauch a Remote Desktop Client on your desktop, enter the IP address of your assigned VM in the Remote Computer Filed.
- Log into the VM using your Clemson ID/Password plus authorization on your DUO two factor authentication device.
- Use your assigned VM to conduct your work on the cluster.
Sample Use Cases
- Run GUI applications.
- Oragnize advanced workflows.
- Computational software development.
Notice: Access to the Login VMs is currently limited to campus network. When you are off-campus, you my first connect to Clemson VPN and then access the VM.