Information for New Users
Obtaining an account
An account is required to access and use the Palmetto cluster. All Clemson University students, faculty and staff can request an account following the procedure detailed below:
- Access the new ITHelp Portal at https://clemson.cherwellondemand.com/CherwellPortal
- After Logging in Select "Browse Our Services"
- Select Research > Research Computing > High Perf Computing and Storage
- Under High Perf Computing and Storage, select "Request Account"
- Enter the information requested.
- Once the form is complete, press the "Submit" button.
Account requests are typically reviewed and approved between 24-48 hours.
For new users of Palmetto, we offer on-boarding sessions every Friday from 9:00AM to 10:00AM. You can register to attend this online Zoom session via the following link: http://bit.ly/Palmetto_Fri_onboarding.
Please drop by to discuss how Palmetto can help you realize your research goals, and get help with getting started on Palmetto cluster.